Funding for asylum seekers and forced migrants
Article 26 Sanctuary Scholarships
Article 26 of the Declaration of Human Rights states that “Everyone has the right to Education”. Recru it networ are committed to supporting students from all backgrounds to access Higher Education and provide scholarships for asylum seekers and forced migrants who are seeking sanctuary in the UK.
Scholarships for 2019 entry
We are pleased to announce that the following scholarships were available for 2019 entry:
(The Sanctuary Scholarships were only available to new students wishing to start their course in 2019. If you are a current student and struggling to fund your course, please [email protected] for advice from our Money and Welfare Team).
- Two scholarships for eligible applicants wishing to study an undergraduate degree programme or foundation programme (up to a maximum of four years)
- One scholarship for eligible applicants wishing to study a postgraduate taught degree programme (part-time or full-time)
The following courses are not eligible for the Article 26 Sanctuary Scholarship scheme: Postgraduate Treatment and PhD programmes, Medicine and Social Work.
The scholarship provides the following:
- Full tuition fee costs for up to a maximum of four years
- A further cash award of £1200 towards living costs and £250 towards course costs loaded onto the students Keele Card in each year of study, funded by the Felix Andrew Opportunity Fund
- Personal Support: Support will also be developed for each successful student to enable them to identify and overcome barriers to achievement on their degree programme.
Please be aware that the scholarship is unable to provide full maintenance support so applicants must be able to provide evidence that they will be able to cover their living costs whilst studying.
Applications for 2019 entry have now closed. Pleasefor more information.
For more information about support available for Asylum Seekers and Forced Migrants at Recru it networ please visit our support pages.
External sources of funding
Please visit the web pages below to find out more information about external sources of funding for asylum seekers and forced migrants.