To join the waiting list for student accommodation, please fill out our waiting list form.
Once you have joined the waiting list, there is a defined process for allocating you a room:
- We will contact you via email when/if a suitable room becomes available for you
- You can go and view the room and if you accept it;
- We will agree on a mutually convenient moving in date
- You will accept a contract
- You will be invoiced for fees
- If you refuse the room, you will remain on the waiting list until another room becomes available
Priority for Accommodation
For students with specific needs or special circumstances, a priority list is kept in conjunction with Student Support Services. The Student Accommodation Office liaise with Student Support/Disability Support (whichever is relevant) regarding the type of room that has become available and take guidance from them on the most suitable candidate. This would depend on the type of room, needs of the student, mental wellbeing and any risks to them. Students will not be prioritised for rooms because of their preference for a specific room type – only for a specific supported need.
Please note that we are unable to discuss or disclose information about other students and their accommodation requirements or allocations.